Many individuals had been in an emotionally abusive relationship at some point in their lives. Emotional abuse is not like physical abuse. Physical abuse leaves a scar on the body but disappears with time. Emotional abuse leaves a permanent scar on the soul. Many times it had been seen that a person is in a relationship that is emotionally abusive but even they are not aware of that, instead whenever there is a rift they blame themselves.
I know there are thousands of them but today out of that I have 7 quotes on it, which will give you hope if you are in one.
1. “You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.” by Robin Williams
2. “You survived the abuse. You’re going to survive the recovery.” by Unknown
3. “Emotional abuse is designed to undermine another’s a sense of self. It is deliberate humiliation, with the intent to seize control of how others feel about themselves.” by Lorraine Nilon
4. “Well, I went through some emotionally abusive relationships and allowed myself to not be properly respected as a lady, as a human being even, though I tried everything I knew to be a lady.” Gloria Gaynor
5. “It is better to break your own heart by leaving an abusive relationship, rather than having that person breaking your heart every day.” by Unknown
6. “Overcoming abuse doesn’t just happen, It takes positive steps every day. Let today be the day you start to move forward.” by Assunta Harris
7. “What happens is not as important as how you react to what happens.” by Ellen Glasgow
If you are in an emotionally abusive relationship, it is high time for you now to get out of it. Remember you can do it. Or if you know someone who is in an emotionally abusive relationship, help them out.